Gorilla mist camp is a camp located in Bwindi impenetrable national park on the South western wing Ruhijja Tracking area, where the gorilla families Oruzogo, Bitukura and Kyaguliro are found.
It is also located near one of the best swamps known for birding safaris, with unique species like African green broadbill (Where this species only nests in the whole of Africa). It is 50km from Kabale town and 42 Km from Buhoma Tracking area.
It consists of 8 grass thatched luxurious bandas all self-contained with nature at its best comfort.
The main house consists of a well-stocked bar, library, lounge, a dining area; a fireplace and a well-positioned balcony for you’re at most view like the Six peaks of the Virungas, when the weather is clear.
You are also able to view the entire Bwindi forest unless the weather is misty, just like our name.
Our staff is well trained to offer you the best service ever throughout your stay at the camp, and the food is a five course menu ranging from all cousins worldwide, since we have the best chef in the region Among the other services we offer; Massage Fast and reliable internet Laundry Local entertainment We are well known for offering state of the art African environment at its best luxury. That’s why we are the ideal choice for most international groups like BBC, UN and We are ranked number 1 destination in most of the traveling guide books, like trip advisor, Lonely Planet, about Uganda and many other magazines.
GETTING TO THE CAMP
- Access is either by air charter from Entebbe Airport or Kajjansi Airstrip or by road.
- Driving; Gorilla Mist Camp is 405km from Kampala. It’s an interesting journey of about 10 hours drive.
- By air; 1hours 30 minutes flight from Entebbe International Airport in Entebbe or kajjansi airstrip in Kajjansi (15km from Kampala city) to Kisoro airstrip or Kihihi airstrip.
- Gorilla Mist Camp is 3hrs drive from the airstrip.
- We do transfers from the airstrip to the lodge for those that prefer Uganda flying safaris.